Looking for games like Little Hope? Discover captivating alternatives with similar psychological horror elements and immersive storytelling.
Are you a fan of the psychological horror game Little Hope and craving more thrilling experiences? Look no further! If you’re seeking games with similar atmospheric storytelling and suspenseful gameplay, we’ve got you covered. Dive into a world of mystery, choices, and haunting narratives as you explore these captivating alternatives.
Discover games that will keep you on the edge of your seat, ready to unravel dark secrets and face your deepest fears. Get ready for an immersive journey into the unknown with these chilling games like Little Hope.
Horror games like Little Hope
- Until Dawn: Developed by Supermassive Games, Until Dawn follows a group of friends who visit a remote mountain lodge, only to find themselves being hunted by a mysterious presence. The game focuses on decision-making and branching storylines, allowing players to shape the outcome through their choices.
- Outlast: In Outlast, you play as investigative journalist Miles Upshur, who visits Mount Massive Asylum to uncover its dark secrets. The game features a tense and atmospheric setting, with intense chase sequences and a focus on stealth. It’s a first-person survival horror game that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Layers of Fear: Developed by Bloober Team, Layers of Fear is a psychological horror game that puts you in the shoes of a troubled painter. As you explore a constantly shifting Victorian mansion, you unravel the artist’s dark past. The game focuses on atmospheric exploration, surreal visuals, and psychological tension.
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent: This is a classic horror game developed by Frictional Games. You wake up in a dark, eerie castle with no memory of who you are or how you got there. Armed only with a lantern, you must explore the castle and uncover its secrets while avoiding terrifying creatures. It’s a first-person survival horror with an emphasis on atmospheric horror and puzzle-solving.
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard: The Resident Evil series is known for its survival horror gameplay, and Resident Evil 7 takes the franchise back to its horror roots. Set in a dilapidated plantation house in Louisiana, the game follows Ethan Winters as he searches for his missing wife. With its first-person perspective and immersive atmosphere, it delivers a tense and terrifying experience.
- Soma: Created by Frictional Games, the same developers as Amnesia, Soma is a sci-fi horror game set in an underwater research facility. It explores themes of consciousness and identity while providing a chilling and atmospheric experience. It features a compelling story and a mix of exploration, puzzles, and stealth gameplay.
|Little Hope||Supermassive Games||A group of college students gets stranded in the abandoned town of Little Hope and must unravel its dark history to survive.||Minimum: TBD
|Until Dawn||Supermassive Games||A group of friends gathers at a remote mountain lodge, where they are stalked by a mysterious killer. Players’ choices shape the outcome of the story.||Minimum:
– PlayStation 4
– PlayStation 4 Pro
|Outlast||Red Barrels||An investigative journalist explores a deranged asylum, armed only with a camcorder. Stealth and survival are key to uncovering the truth.||Minimum:
– OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
– Processor: 2.2 GHz Dual Core CPU
– OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10
– Processor: 2.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
|Layers of Fear||Bloober Team||Step into the mind of a tortured painter as you explore a constantly shifting mansion, encountering supernatural horrors and unraveling a dark past.||Minimum:
– OS: Windows 7
– Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q8400
– OS: Windows 7/8/10
– Processor: Intel Core i5-3470
|Amnesia: The Dark Descent||Frictional Games||Awakening in a foreboding castle, you must navigate its eerie corridors while evading monstrous creatures. Solve puzzles to uncover your memories and escape.||Minimum:
– OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
– Processor: 2.0Ghz
– OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
– Processor: 2.8Ghz
|Resident Evil 7: Biohazard||CAPCOM||Immersive first-person survival horror game set in a dilapidated plantation house. Face off against grotesque creatures while searching for your missing wife.||Minimum:
– OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit)
– Processor: Intel Core i5-4460
– OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit)
– Processor: Intel Core i7-3770
|Soma||Frictional Games||Plunge into the depths of an underwater research facility plagued by unsettling creatures. Explore and confront existential questions in this atmospheric sci-fi horror.||Minimum:
– OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10
– Processor: Core i3 / AMD A6
– OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit)
– Processor: Core i5 / AMD FX
Creepy games to play after Little Hope
- Silent Hill 2: Considered a classic in the horror genre, Silent Hill 2 takes players on a psychological journey through a foggy and nightmarish town filled with grotesque creatures and disturbing imagery.
- Resident Evil 2 Remake: This modern reimagining of the classic survival horror game puts you in the shoes of Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield as they navigate a zombie-infested Raccoon City, filled with suspenseful encounters and intense gameplay.
- Alien: Isolation: Set in the Alien universe, this game puts you in the role of Amanda Ripley, the daughter of Ellen Ripley. With a relentless alien stalking you aboard a space station, you must use stealth and wit to survive in this atmospheric and tense horror experience.
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs: Developed by The Chinese Room, this follow-up to Amnesia: The Dark Descent takes players on a haunting journey through a dark and industrial Victorian setting, where strange machinery and psychological horrors await.
- Outlast 2: In this sequel to the original Outlast, you play as investigative journalist Blake Langermann, who finds himself trapped in a rural Arizona town inhabited by a cult with twisted rituals and horrifying entities.
- Layers of Fear 2: Delve into the mind of an actor aboard a mysterious ocean liner in this psychological horror game. Explore haunting environments, solve puzzles, and uncover the disturbing truth behind the protagonist’s past.
- Blair Witch: Inspired by the iconic horror film franchise, Blair Witch is a first-person psychological horror game that plunges players into a dark and foreboding forest. Armed with only a flashlight and camcorder, you must unravel the mystery of the Blair Witch and confront your own fears.
- The Evil Within 2: As detective Sebastian Castellanos, you venture into a twisted and nightmarish world filled with grotesque creatures and unsettling environments. The Evil Within 2 offers a mix of psychological horror, stealth, and action-packed gameplay.
These games should provide you with a range of creepy and atmospheric experiences similar to Little Hope. Remember to check the system requirements and gameplay trailers before diving in to ensure compatibility and personal preferences. Happy gaming!
Top horror games for fans of Little Hope
- Until Dawn: Developed by Supermassive Games, the same studio behind Little Hope, Until Dawn is an interactive horror game where your choices determine the fate of a group of friends trapped on a remote mountain. The game features branching storylines, intense decision-making, and a variety of outcomes based on your actions.
- Layers of Fear: Created by Bloober Team, Layers of Fear is a first-person psychological horror game that immerses players in the mind of a disturbed painter. Explore a Victorian mansion filled with twisted art, uncover secrets, and confront your own sanity as you unravel a haunting story.
- Outlast: Developed by Red Barrels, Outlast is a first-person survival horror game set in an abandoned psychiatric hospital. Armed only with a camcorder, you must navigate the dark corridors while evading deranged inmates and uncovering the sinister experiments that took place there.
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent: Created by Frictional Games, Amnesia is a classic horror game that focuses on immersion and psychological terror. Explore a foreboding castle as you solve puzzles and avoid terrifying creatures, all while battling with your own sanity.
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard: Capcom’s acclaimed survival horror game takes a fresh perspective with a first-person view. Set in a dilapidated plantation house, you must uncover the mysteries of the Baker family and survive encounters with grotesque creatures in a tense and atmospheric environment.
- SOMA: From the creators of Amnesia, SOMA is a sci-fi horror game that delves into existential questions and the nature of consciousness. Trapped in an underwater facility overrun by nightmarish creatures, you must navigate the eerie environment and confront thought-provoking ethical dilemmas.
- P.T. (Playable Teaser): Although not a full game, P.T. is a short demo developed by Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro. It offers a deeply unsettling experience as you navigate a haunted house, with each loop revealing more terrifying secrets. While the full game, Silent Hills, was canceled, P.T. remains a chilling standalone experience.
These games should provide you with a variety of horror experiences that share similarities with Little Hope, including atmospheric settings, psychological elements, and immersive storytelling. Enjoy the scares!
Little Hope inspired games
- Man of Medan: Developed by Supermassive Games as part of “The Dark Pictures Anthology,” Man of Medan is another interactive horror game that offers branching storylines and multiple outcomes based on your choices. It follows a group of friends who become trapped on a haunted ghost ship and must uncover its dark secrets.
- Oxenfree: This supernatural thriller adventure game revolves around a group of friends who unwittingly open a ghostly rift while on an abandoned island. With its eerie atmosphere, dialogue-based choices, and mysterious narrative, Oxenfree captures the suspense and psychological aspects found in Little Hope.
- Until Dawn: Created by Supermassive Games, Until Dawn is an interactive horror game where your decisions directly influence the survival and fate of a group of friends. It features a branching narrative, intense gameplay, and a variety of outcomes, making it a great choice for fans of choice-driven horror experiences.
- Alan Wake: Developed by Remedy Entertainment, Alan Wake is a psychological action thriller that follows the story of a writer who finds himself trapped in a nightmarish town where his own words become reality. With its eerie atmosphere, suspenseful gameplay, and gripping narrative, it offers a similar blend of horror and psychological elements.
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: This first-person adventure game combines elements of mystery, horror, and exploration. As a detective with paranormal abilities, you investigate a series of supernatural events in the town of Red Creek Valley. The game focuses on storytelling, atmosphere, and puzzle-solving, providing a haunting and immersive experience.
While these games may not be direct inspirations or sequels to Little Hope, they share common elements such as psychological horror, choice-driven narratives, and atmospheric settings. They should provide you with a thrilling and immersive experience similar to what you enjoyed in Little Hope.
|Man of Medan||Supermassive Games||A group of friends becomes trapped on a haunted ghost ship and must uncover its dark secrets in this interactive horror game.||Official Website|
|Oxenfree||Night School Studio||Embark on a supernatural thriller adventure as a group of friends who open a ghostly rift while on an abandoned island.||Official Website|
|Until Dawn||Supermassive Games||Your choices determine the survival and fate of a group of friends trapped on a remote mountain in this interactive horror game.||Official Website|
|Alan Wake||Remedy Entertainment||Experience a psychological action thriller as a writer trapped in a nightmarish town where his own words become reality.||Official Website|
|The Vanishing of Ethan Carter||The Astronauts||Solve supernatural mysteries and investigate paranormal events in the atmospheric and haunting town of Red Creek Valley.||Official Website|
Scary games with branching storylines
- Until Dawn: Developed by Supermassive Games, Until Dawn is an interactive horror game where your choices determine the fate of a group of friends trapped on a remote mountain. Every decision you make can lead to different outcomes, branching storylines, and multiple possible endings.
- Detroit: Become Human: While not strictly a horror game, Detroit: Become Human, developed by Quantic Dream, is a narrative-driven game set in a dystopian future. You play as multiple android characters and your choices influence the outcome of the story, leading to various branching paths and consequences.
- Heavy Rain: Also developed by Quantic Dream, Heavy Rain is a psychological thriller where you control four characters involved in a hunt for a serial killer. The choices you make throughout the game affect the story and can lead to different outcomes, including the survival or death of characters.
- The Walking Dead: Developed by Telltale Games, The Walking Dead is an episodic adventure game based on the popular comic book series. As protagonist Lee Everett, your choices shape the story and relationships with other characters in a zombie-infested world.
- Life is Strange: Developed by Dontnod Entertainment, Life is Strange is an episodic narrative-driven game that combines supernatural elements with teenage drama. You play as Max Caulfield, a young woman with the power to rewind time, and your decisions have consequences that alter the story and relationships.
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood: As a spin-off to Until Dawn, Rush of Blood takes the horror experience to virtual reality. It’s an intense, on-rails shooter where your choices during gameplay influence the outcome of each level, providing a thrilling and branching narrative.
These games offer a combination of horror, suspense, and interactive storytelling, allowing you to shape the outcome of the game through your choices. Enjoy the tension and immersion as you explore the various branching paths and consequences!
|Until Dawn||Supermassive Games||A group of friends becomes trapped on a remote mountain, and your choices determine their fate in this interactive horror game.||Official Website|
|Detroit: Become Human||Quantic Dream||Set in a futuristic world, you control multiple android characters and your choices impact the branching narrative and the fate of the characters.||Official Website|
|Heavy Rain||Quantic Dream||As a serial killer hunts for his next victims, your choices affect the story and the survival of the characters in this psychological thriller.||Official Website|
|The Walking Dead||Telltale Games||Based on the popular comic series, this episodic adventure game puts you in intense situations and your choices shape the story and relationships.||Official Website|
|Life is Strange||Dontnod Entertainment||A teenager with time-rewinding powers makes decisions that lead to branching storylines and consequences in this episodic supernatural drama.||Official Website|
Psychological horror games like Little Hope
- Silent Hill 2: Considered a classic in the genre, Silent Hill 2 (Konami) is a psychological horror game that focuses on deep character exploration and a haunting atmosphere. It follows James Sunderland as he searches for his deceased wife in the eerie town of Silent Hill, unraveling a psychological nightmare along the way.
- Soma: Created by Frictional Games, the developers of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Soma is a sci-fi horror game set in an underwater facility. It explores themes of consciousness, identity, and existential dread, challenging players with philosophical questions while offering a haunting and immersive experience.
- Observer: Developed by Bloober Team, Observer is a cyberpunk psychological horror game where you play as an elite neural detective who can enter the minds of suspects. It combines a dystopian future setting with psychological exploration and a suspenseful narrative.
- Layers of Fear: In this first-person psychological horror game by Bloober Team, players step into the mind of a tortured painter as he creates his magnum opus. As you explore a Victorian mansion, you experience the protagonist’s descent into madness, encountering disturbing imagery and uncovering dark secrets.
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs: Developed by The Chinese Room and a follow-up to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, this game takes players on a chilling journey through a twisted industrial complex. It explores themes of fear, power, and the human condition, delivering a psychological horror experience.
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice: From Ninja Theory, Hellblade combines myth and psychological horror in an emotional journey through the mind of a Celtic warrior named Senua. The game addresses mental health and psychosis, presenting a harrowing and immersive experience.
- Observer: System Redux: This enhanced version of Observer (mentioned earlier) provides a visually upgraded and expanded experience. With improved graphics, additional content, and gameplay enhancements, it offers an even more immersive psychological horror adventure.
These games offer intense psychological narratives, atmospheric environments, and deep explorations of the human mind. Prepare yourself for suspense, fear, and thought-provoking themes as you dive into these psychological horror experiences.
|Silent Hill 2||Konami||A psychological horror masterpiece where you play as James Sunderland, exploring the eerie town of Silent Hill to uncover the truth about his deceased wife.||Official Website|
|Soma||Frictional Games||A sci-fi horror game set in an underwater facility, delving into themes of consciousness, identity, and existential dread, offering a haunting and immersive experience.||Official Website|
|Observer||Bloober Team||In this cyberpunk psychological horror game, you play as a neural detective who enters the minds of suspects, unraveling a disturbing and suspenseful narrative.||Official Website|
|Layers of Fear||Bloober Team||A first-person psychological horror game where you explore a Victorian mansion as a tormented painter, encountering disturbing imagery and uncovering dark secrets.||Official Website|
|Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs||The Chinese Room||A follow-up to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, this game takes players on a chilling journey through a twisted industrial complex, addressing fear, power, and the human condition.||Official Website|
|Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice||Ninja Theory||An emotional journey through the mind of a Celtic warrior, exploring myth and psychosis, and delivering a harrowing and immersive psychological horror experience.||Official Website|
|Observer: System Redux||Bloober Team||An enhanced version of Observer with improved graphics and additional content, offering an even more immersive psychological horror adventure.||Official Website|
Survival horror games for fans of Little Hope
- Resident Evil 2 Remake: Capcom’s remake of the classic survival horror game offers a modernized version of the original Resident Evil 2. Navigate through the zombie-infested Raccoon City as Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield, solving puzzles and fighting terrifying creatures to survive.
- Outlast: Developed by Red Barrels, Outlast puts you in the shoes of investigative journalist Miles Upshur, who explores an abandoned psychiatric hospital. Armed only with a camcorder, you must document the horrors you encounter while evading dangerous inmates.
- Alien: Isolation: Set in the Alien universe, Alien: Isolation (developed by Creative Assembly) places you in the role of Amanda Ripley, daughter of Ellen Ripley. Hunted by a single relentless alien aboard a space station, you must use stealth and resourcefulness to survive.
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent: Developed by Frictional Games, Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a first-person survival horror game that emphasizes psychological horror and atmospheric tension. Explore a foreboding castle as you unravel the mysteries of your character’s past while being pursued by otherworldly creatures.
- The Evil Within 2: In this sequel developed by Tango Gameworks, you play as Sebastian Castellanos, a former detective searching for his daughter in a twisted STEM world. Encounter grotesque creatures and explore nightmarish environments in a mix of psychological and survival horror.
- Until Dawn: While more focused on the interactive narrative, Until Dawn (Supermassive Games) incorporates survival horror elements. Make choices that affect the fates of eight characters trapped in a remote mountain lodge, facing supernatural threats and psychological terrors.
- Dead Space: Developed by Visceral Games, Dead Space is a sci-fi survival horror game that follows engineer Isaac Clarke as he battles against grotesque necromorphs on a derelict spaceship. The game offers a tense atmosphere, strategic dismemberment combat, and a gripping story.
These survival horror games provide thrilling and intense experiences with elements of horror, suspense, and challenging gameplay. Prepare yourself for tense encounters, immersive environments, and spine-chilling narratives as you face the horrors that await you.
If you enjoyed the atmospheric horror and branching narrative of Little Hope, you’ll be delighted to explore other games that offer similar immersive experiences. From psychological horror gems like Silent Hill 2 and Soma to the suspenseful thrills of Outlast and Alien: Isolation, there is no shortage of terrifying adventures awaiting you.
Dive into the survival horror of Resident Evil 2 Remake and The Evil Within 2, or unravel the mysteries of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Until Dawn. These games offer gripping narratives, haunting atmospheres, and choices that shape the outcome, keeping you on the edge of your seat. Prepare yourself for heart-pounding gameplay and unforgettable scares as you embark on these thrilling journeys into the world of horror.
Little Hope is a horror video game developed by Supermassive Games and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It was released in October 2020 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Little Hope is a survival horror game with a branching storyline. The player’s choices and actions affect the outcome of the game.
Supermassive Games is known for developing other horror games such as Until Dawn, Man of Medan, and House of Ashes.
Yes, Little Hope has a multiplayer mode called “Movie Night” where up to five players can play together and make decisions as a group.